We asked leading early and middle childhood services how they ‘do’ inclusion. This is what they told us…
Try these reflective questions to use with this video, either individually or at your next staff meeting or PD session:
- Why is inclusion invisible when it works well?
- What was inclusive about the environments in the video?
- Think of a time you didn’t feel included. What words would you use to describe that experience?
- Do you think some children at your service feel they belong less than others? If yes, is there anything you can do?
- Is your service inclusion ready? What could you do to be more prepared?
In memory of Rose Kelly, passionate advocate and former Director of Windsor Community Children's Centre Co-op.