Experienced educators share the strategies they use for guiding children’s behaviour in positive ways.
Try these reflective questions to use with this video, either individually or at your next staff meeting or PD session:
- What challenges you about challenging behaviour?
- What is your understanding of the iceberg model?
- In the video, what did you see educators using to support children’s positive behaviour? E.g., props, visual cues, sensory resources
- What did you think about the idea of putting a behaviour management plan onto the environment rather than an individual child?
- When thinking about challenging behaviour, do you consider the whole environment? E.g., routines, ratios, family engagement.