Educators reveal how they support children from culturally diverse backgrounds at long day care and outside school hours care.
Try these reflective questions to use with this video, either individually or at your next staff meeting or PD session:
- What inclusive practices could you see in the video?
- How does supporting children from diverse cultural backgrounds make a positive difference to their development and wellbeing?
- What does your service do to help families feel welcome?
- Does your service truly reflect your community? How do you learn about the different people that make up your local area? And are there any gaps?
- What can you do to make sure CALD perspectives are embedded across the program?