What we do
Here at the Victorian Inclusion Agency we work alongside eligible education and care services to help build services that are inclusive of all children. We do that by:
- Working locally with groups of and individual services and educators and
- We lend items that facilitate and support the inclusion of a child (or children) with a disability or undergoing assessment.
To find out more information about the Victorian Inclusion Agency, here’s a copy of our Prospectus and our brochure.
- build on your understanding of effective inclusive practice,
- reflect on and continuously improve your practice,
- link with other local services to enhance your professional and learning networks,
- assist you to develop a Strategic Inclusion Plan
- assist you to access Specialist Equipment and funding through the Inclusion Development Fund where required, and
- provide you with practical advice and strategies to help you provide great quality inclusive environments.
Our Inclusion Professionals will also build respectful and collaborative relationships with your service by;
- responding promptly to all requests and referrals for inclusion support,
- utilising their excellent communication and collaboration skills, and
- planning visits and contacts with all services to promote the Inclusion Support Program
SPECIALIST EQUIPMENT LIBRARY
Our Specialist Equipment Library is being managed by Yooralla, and we loan items that facilitate and support the inclusion of a child (or children) with disabilities.
Types of Equipment
Equipment available from the Specialist Equipment Library (SEL) may include (but are not limited to):
- portable ramps to create access to the environment
- standing frames and full support swings to allow a child with high physical needs to participate in the daily programme and activities
- hoists, slings, harnesses, change tables, toilet sets or steps, potty chairs, mobile stools and seating or posture aids for educators to assist them to lift and transfer children safely when carrying out basic care functions such as changing or going to the toilet
- specialised inclusion toys such as switch toys
- specialised furniture such as chairs, tables, desk and positioning equipment
- communication cards or charts, and Auslan dictionaries to enable the child and educators to communicate effectively.
You will need to have a Strategic Inclusion Plan (SIP) in place to access specialist equipment. So call your local office and we can help you with this. If you need to contact the SEL directly, call Yooralla on (03) 5990 9640 or email on email@example.com. The catalogue of equipment will be on our website by the end of October 2016.
Download a copy of the SEL Item Request Form here
Download a copy of the information sheet, About the Specialist Equipment Library, (includes catalogue of equipment)
Visit the SEL website here: www.yooralla.com.au>Services>Specialist Children's Services>Specialist Equipment Library