About the ISP
THE INCLUSION SUPPORT PROGRAMME
The Inclusion Support Programme (ISP) commenced on 1 July 2016 and is a key component of the Government’s Child Care Safety Net whose aim is to provide support to early childhood and education and care services to build their capacity and capability to include children with additional needs in their services.
The main objectives of the ISP are to:
- Support services to improve their capacity and capability to provide quality inclusive practices, address participation barriers and include children with additional needs and
- Provide parents and carers of children with additional needs with access to appropriate services that assist those parents to participate in the workforce.
The ISP consists of three key elements:
- Inclusion Agencies (IAs) – in each state and territory, an Inclusion Agency is contracted to assist eligible services build their capacity and capability to provide and embed inclusive practice in their delivery of education and care programs.
- Inclusion Development Fund (IDF) – the IDF provides funding to assist eligible services to address a barrier to inclusion that cannot be addressed by the support provided by an Inclusion Agency.
- Inclusion Development Fund Manager – a single national Inclusion Development Fund Manager is contracted to provide nationally consistent and equitable management of the IDF through assessing applications for funding and communicating outcomes to services.
Click here for more information about the Inclusion Support Programme
Click here for more information about the services that VIA delivers under the ISP
Click here to read about the Child Care Safety Net and the Jobs for Families Package
IS Portal Troubleshooting: The Department has published a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the IS Portal to assist you – Click here for the FAQs
The Victorian Inclusion Agency (VIA) is led by Community Child Care Association and delivered in partnership with Yooralla and KU Children's Services. Please contact us on 1800 177 017 for further information or send us an email at email@example.com